We always try to provide our customers with an excellent service.
Occasionally, however, things can go wrong. If they do, we’ll do our best to put them right.
Our Customer Promise
If you have a complaint you can contact us in the following ways:
- By telephone: 0115 921 7250 in the first instance, to the person who normally deals with the matter concerned.
- By email: email@example.com.
- In writing addressed to our Savings, Insurance or Lending department at the address found on our contact page.
Whichever method you choose, please always quote your full name, address, telephone number and account number, as this will help us to deal with your complaint quickly and efficiently.
How we will respond
We will respond to your enquiry within the following time scales:
- If we can provide the answer immediately to your satisfaction, we will do so.
- If your complaint is by letter or email, we will respond acknowledging the complaint and advising when we expect to resolve it no later than five business days after receipt of your complaint.
- If we need to carry out an investigation into your complaint, we will contact you within three business days to let you know.
- If the matter is unresolved after four weeks, we will write to you again.
- The Bank must send a final written response within eight weeks from the date that the original complaint was received. Should you remain dissatisfied, you may take your complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- If we have not resolved your complaint within eight weeks, you may take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
The Financial Ombudsman Services exists to provide consumers with additional complaint support if, at the conclusion of your complaint, you remain dissatisfied. This free service is available to anyone once we have submitted a final response letter or within eight weeks of the date of the complaint, whichever comes sooner.
The scheme exists to provide independent adjudication and an investigation will be undertaken prior to making a decision about outstanding disputes.
The Financial Ombudsman Service can be contacted at:
Phone: 0300 123 9123 or 0800 023 4567